April 8, 2022

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program’s application period ends May 31st in Adams, Brown, Pike and Schuyler Counties.

Households in need are encouraged to apply as eligibility requirements are different than in years past.

Households must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty level to receive a benefit from the LIHEAP program.

LIHEAP is a one time payment to the household’s utility provider to help with energy bills and for reconnection of energy service.

TRRC will be taking applications begin September 1st on a first-come, first-served basis through May 31st, 2022.

There will be no priority groups this program year.

Propane customers are encouraged to apply in September to take greater advantage of lower propane prices.

By applying early, propane users will see their LIHEAP benefit go further as propane prices typically increase during the winter months.

The Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) is an option available to LIHEAP eligible households that are customers of either Ameren Illinois, and Nicor Gas.

PIPP differs from LIHEAP because it consists of a monthly benefit households will receive as long as you make your monthly payment that will be determined at the time of enrollment.

PIPP applicants will be enrolled on a first-some, first-served basis.

The PIPP program will be offered until TRRC has reached the maximum capacity of households for the program.

LIHEAP and PIPP programs cannot be used together.

A TRRC Program Intake Specialist can help households choose the program best suited to their needs during enrollment.

The 30-day income guidelines for LIHEAP and PIPP are based on Federal Poverty Guidelines, State Median Income and the number of persons living in the household.

 The guidelines are as follows:     





To submit an application, you MUST submit ALL documentation required:

  1. Proof of gross income from all household members for the prior 30-day period beginning with the date of application.
  2. Proof of Social Security numbers or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for all household members.  Individuals without an SSN or ITIN can still apply and Two Rivers will advise accordingly.
  3. A copy of current heat and electric bills issued within the last 30 days.
  4. Other documents may be needed based on your household situation.  If you have questions regarding this, please call our office.
  5. A copy of rental agreement (if renting) showing that utilities are included, the monthly rental amount and landlord contact.

Please call our offices at: Adams County217-224-8171; Brown County 217-773-3141; Pike County217-285-5424; Schuyler County 217-322-6916 for additional information.

More News

TRRC Hiring Career & Employment Specialist

Career & Employment Specialist Two Rivers Regional Council of Public Officials Pittsfield, IL $34,237 – $41,845 a year – Full-time Responded to 75% or more applications in the past 30 days, typically…

TRRC Newsletter 02/01/2023

Dear TRRCOPO,We’ve seen the first month of the year come and go and a lot is happening in our agency. Our next big thing is our Souper Bowl of Caring…

TRRC Newsletter 01/03/2023

Dear TRRCOPO,The holiday season has passed and the new year is upon us. We want to take this time to thank you for being a part of our team in 2022 and…